Today my guest is Matt Raithel. Matt is the Studio Director at Graphite Lab, which brings brands to life in a fun and entertaining ways by consistently creating hit video games.
[00:01 – 04:44] The Dream of creating video games as a career
- The first video game Matt ever played
- Deciding a career path aligned with video games
- Brands they’ve worked with
- What it’s like to design video games
- Key roles in game design
[04:45 – 08:48] Educating others in video game design
- Committing to growing/developing a program at Maryville University of Saint Louis
- Helping students find their niche in the video game industry
- Classes Matt teach
- Family-focused video games
- Encouraging breaks and helping with the moderation of players’ playtime
[10:53 – 18:10] Fun Questions with Matt
- Is there a game that you’ve encountered, that you think is totally ridiculous?
- Has anyone ever taken up the offers you post on your website?
- Have you recently witnessed/received/given an act of kindness?
[18:11 – 19:13] Closing Segment
- Connect and Learn more about Matt
- See Links Below
- Final Words
“Even if it’s a simple game, we’re always trying to find ways that players can connect with the characters, the story. But more than anything, just have fun mechanics to engage with.” – Matt Raithel
“I have three daughters of my own, and it’s always kind of achieved a higher purpose for me to create games that they’re able to play.” – Matt Raithel
Connect with Matt and Graphite Lab. Follow him on LinkedIn, and keep up with Graphite Lab through their socials on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter or check out their website at https://graphitelab.com/
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, visit my website https://100thmm.com/ to learn more about getting your free social media marketing consultation!
I want to know more about you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.